There is no 'normal' reaction or emotion to be feeling at the moment. And there will likely be no ongoing 'new normal' for quite some time.
If you are aware that some of your emotions and state of mind might feel a bit like a roller-coaster ride, this image may help put it into perspective. It certainly resonated with me.
Some things I have noticed about my own behaviour:
- I feel frustration with having some similar conversations day in, day out (with friends, family, peers/colleagues). But this is a critical part of me processing things.
- Equally, it is critical to remain open to giving other people a chance to be open and process things too - even if this might feel boring/repetitive sometimes too.
- Keeping in contact with groups is great, but saying no sometimes - and not feeling the need to over-schedule group calls - is absolutely fine too.
- I feel slight oddness (guilt?) about doing nothing sometimes. But it's OK I think - as long as it doesn't become too much of a habit.
- Like most others with any low level of background stress, I have gravitated to comfort food (and comfort TV for sure!). Thank goodness discount Easter Eggs season has passed...
What have you noticed about your own behaviour or response?
art by @jo__love__ Thank you.
What can members do?
Members can follow each other, write and reply to comments and receive blog notifications. Each member gets their own personal profile page that they can customize.
You can make any member of your blog a writer so they can write posts for your blog. Adding multiple writers is a great way to grow your content and keep it fresh and diversified.
Here’s how to do it:
Head to your Member’s Page
Search for the member you want to make a writer
Click on the member’s profile
Click the 3 dot icon ( ⠇) on the Follow button
Select Set as Writer